Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Project 2: Postal Present


MODERN VICTORIAN
JEWELLERY HANGER



JEWELLERY HANGER

For this second project, i decided to make jewelery hanger which will i give to my bestfriend. That flowing and elegant form was inspired by victorian decorative and i made it in a modern way. So it can be called modern victorian jewelery hanger. I chose red as colour because red represent brave and strengh but on the other side it can be feminine and soft.
The material i used is acrylic because it stiff and strong and have a smooth surface. And for the cutting, I used laser cut because it's accurate and clean finish.


6 comments:

  1. YOI!! wahh I was really wow'd when I first saw this design XD. The shape and form of this jewelry hanger is simply amazing and looks so intricate. The use of perspex is good too so that it can take the load of having lots of jewelry on it. Job well done Guida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i like the whole idea and it looks mad when it stand but its so flimsy >:| nah it's not that flimsy, it works -

    but maybe the slots to the middle could be stronger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and very well executed. I love the design, it definitely shows a Victorian theme. The colour is so vibrant and gives it a modern appearance. My only criticism would be the size, it seems a little big to be hanging on a dresser. I see this more for use in retail; jewelry stores and boutiques, etc. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. windy young:

    i love the form.. very much.. it's a simplified victorian.
    but i think the proportional is not quite right..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like your idea of making such a jewelry hanger. The shape is elegant, the color is modern and I think you chose a suitable material to make it. The way to assemble this product is simple and has a lot of fun from trying to take every single piece out from the main board. If I can receive such a gift, that will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing elegant forms! I'm enjoying the Victorian influence in this design. Perhaps a solid black or solid white wood would have furthered that classical Victorian feel or even a rustic sheet steel, but the red clear acrylic still works - it's more contemporary and bold and gives it a vibrant energy. Actually, I imagine the user's jewellery would pale in comparison hanging on such an exciting piece like this haha, great work!!

    ReplyDelete